Don’t know what you’re going to wear for the big game? Buying an Eagles shirt from a street corner in Center City is very Philly-esque, but I can’t (legally) recommend it. Nor do I recommend spending your savings on a brand new jersey. But hell, maybe you’re stocked up on Eagles gear already (or your boyfriend is) and you’re just looking for some guidance.
Whatever your case, I’ve styled a variety of looks—in the name of
brotherly sisterly love—for the gals who rally hard AF for the birds. The only bad news is not all of the outfits are super winter friendly. So, use this solely as a guide. Make it your own according to your plans. (Like throw a jacket or something. You’re smart.)
- Varsity Sweater with a Green Flannel and Eagles CapWhat’s important for this outfit is the flannel should include more Eagle’s green within it, and the cap will accentuate and bring out those colors. Depending on how you style this look, it could be equally preppy as it is edgy. For a hipster look, add a lace bralette, have the shirt unbuttoned enough to slyly show the bralette (See #6), add a choker if that’s your thing (I’ll pass), and keep the Vans. For a prettier preppy look, switch out the fans for a pair of Sperry’s (scroll down for my favorite pair), roll the sleeves of the sweater and flannel, button the flannel all the way up, and tuck in the shirt to your jeans.
- Classy and Comfy with an Oversized Sweater, Dressy Leggings, and Mules
Jerseys and graphic tees aren’t your thing, I get it. Plus, you’re staying in for the night anyway, right? Let’s get comfy, girl. Grab an oversized sweater that’s Eagles green—I’ve had this Valerie Stevens forever and am obsessed with the tassels at the bottom—and get ready to lounge. If you’re having company over, dress it up with statement leggings like these which have gold zippers at the bottom. Sliding into a pair of mules makes you look relaxed but classy af. I’d personally throw some beach waves in my hair and throw on an Eagles cap.
3. Dress Up Your Guy’s Jersey with Dressy Leggings and Mules (Or be practical and wear boots)Okay, so you’re staying in for the night (Can’t take off Monday? Same). You’re having mixed company, half are the cocktail drinking type and the others are slamming beers. Weird. How can you get away being comfy but still nice? This is a win-win because not only do you get to dress it up with statement leggings and mules, but it’s just as comfortable as the sweatpants you’d much rather be wearing.
4. Rough and Rowdy in Old Vans, Ripped Jeans, and a Graphic Tank (Add a cardigan or jacket to stay warm)
You’re the girl who will be shouting just as loud as the boys at the bar when the birds make a touchdown. Grab yourself a beer, throw on your go-to jeans and your oldest Vans (because the older and dirtier the better, right?). Make it feminine with a fitted Eagles tank. If you only have graphic tees, tie it in a knot or tuck it into your jeans. Going to be cold where you are? If you’re doing shots, you won’t need a cardigan. Throw on a leather jacket to finish the look. Dilly dilly!
5. Belt it and Blouse It with a Comfy Cardigan and Tennis ShoesI actually wore this to work for an eagles party this week. It’s casual, but the blouse dresses it up which made it great for the office. Yes, I even got away with tying it all together with a matching Eagles cap. I have a keen eye for details so, not only did the Sperry’s match the cardigan… But, the brown belt was used to match the leather laces on the gray Sperry’s. Call me crazy. The blouse and Sperry’s might seem preppy, but it felt sporty too when I added the cap.
6. Let Loose with a Lacey Bralette
You don’t want to wear all green because Shrek vibes. Or you’re just more comfortable in all black. I feel you, but I don’t advise you leave the house without the smallest hint of green on you for the game. Try a green bralette and have it peek-a-boo by showing it off in a black v-neck. Plain tee’s aren’t boring when you add super high waist denim like this look. Also, I’m just always going to recommend adding a baseball cap.
7. Watching the Game After You Hit the Gym?
You’re probably the type that drinks Michelob Ultra, not Bud Light. If you’re keeping it cool and athletic on Sunday at least wear an eagle shirt or hat. Throw on a cardigan after the gym that matches your running shoes. Because you won’t have time to shower with all the commotion and excitement when you get home.
8. Keep it Simple with a Jersey and JeansGrab your super high waist jeans, a good pair of ankle boots, and your favorite player’s jersey. This look is so simple but it’s an outfit you can get away with no matter where you’re watching the game. Going to your friend’s house? Wear this. Going to a bar? Wear this and touch up your hair and makeup. Tailgating or attending the game (You’re a real fan huh)? Throw this outfit on with a winter coat, a eagles scarf, and a bird beanie. Heading to Frankford and Cottman when they win? Pack beers and wear this. Win win.